World's first Deaf fitness company in the UK is here!
Our mission is to tackle the fitness industry to eliminate communication barriers. According to recent research, statistics have shown that 1 in 3 Deaf people are suffering from a form of mental health and health complications. Millions of Deaf and hearing impaired people are still being neglected by the fitness industry due to a lack of Deaf awareness training and poor accessibility for Deaf people.
Worldwide Deaf Gyms main focus is to reach out to the fitness industry to educate and inspire fitness professionals to bring the 450+ million Deaf community back in fitness movements to improve their mental health and physical health.
Worldwide Deaf Gym passionately believes sign language will revolutionise fitness industry to attract more members to your gym!
It will attract more members that may be:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Learning Disabilities
- Mobility Disabilities
- Medical Disabilities
- Psychiatric Disabilities
- Traumatic Brain Injury and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Visual Impairments
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
Particularly for those whose attention spans may be very short or language very limited. It’s an extra communication tool which is why sign language can help with their fitness health.
Our services and training will help you attract more members, support your employees and put corporate social responsibility at the heart of your fitness business
Accessibility is at the heart of our services
Deaf Awareness Personal Training
- To gain an increased understanding of the Deafness spectrum and able to identify main areas of differences.
- Understand that Deaf people can be affected in certain ways in the gym environment.
- Identify differences in how Deaf people may process information.
- Identify ways of changing your practice and making changes to the fitness place effectively to support Deaf people.
British Sign Language Personal Training
- To gain depth understanding in communicational skill levels
- Understand why sign language is extremely beneficial in personal training
- Sign language attract more clients that may be non-verbal, down syndrome, autism, cerebral palsy, trauma, brain injury/disorders and speech disorders to your gym. Particularly for those whose attention spans may be very short or language very limited. It’s an extra communication tool which is why sign language can help them.
Exclusive Membership Portal
- Unlimited access